Shop on Amazon.com here:

Sunday, February 13, 2011

This weekend, cherished family moments!

Happy early Valentine's Day to everyone!

Me and my two little miracles!
Tonight Sophie's rash on her arm is much worse. It has grown from one bump to about 12 overnight. I am terrified that she is getting worse with the LCH, even though today was a really good day. I also plan on calling the dermatologist tomorrow to investigate further. She's scared about tomorrow because she has to get ANOTHER IV in her arm for the PET Scan... She keeps coming in and wanting to sleep with me but tonight, but she really needs to sleep in her own bed and get a good nights rest (as do I).

Sophie's new rash - OUCH!

This weekend was great aside from Sophie's energy level and new rash. I had a visit from my special someone, Adam, for an early Valentine's day. He got us tickets to go see the Rockets/Mavericks play at Toyota Center which was loads of fun. It was just the break I needed. I was exhausted from this past week and all of the good news and bad news that we had received about Sophie. We were still home by 11pm but a fantastic time, even though our team lost. Thanks to my awesome parents who watched the kids so we could go to the game.


For our first Valentine's Day, Adam also gave me the most beautiful gift. I don't know what I ever did to deserve a man as loving and kind as he is irregardless of this gift, but I was completely and totally blown away!

Then, today was the most fun of all. I am convinced that we need to live in the NOW... Not worry too much about tomorrow, because today is today, and we need to cherish every moment. So, we went out back and played on the trampoline for a long time. It was much needed exercise and I am glad we played outside now, instead of forcing Sophie rest even though she hasn't received any chemo yet and she feels pretty good except after a long day of school or activity. We had so much fun... Here you go...
Future NBA Player and NICU Miracle, Epilepsy and Cerebral Palsy Survivor, Aiden!
Future Artist and Future LCH Survivor, Sophie!
He was coming to tickle me... that's what that gleam in his eye means!
I love the sass in this picture, it speaks volumes about her fighting spirit!!!

In closing, I want to leave you with a Psalm I read today that really helped me. I believe that the Lord has already lifted us out of the depths and will continue to restore Sophie!

Goodnight friends! J


Psalm 30 (New International Version, ©2010)

Psalm 30

A psalm. A song. For the dedication of the temple.[b] Of David.
 1 I will exalt you, LORD,
   for you lifted me out of the depths
   and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
2 LORD my God, I called to you for help,
   and you healed me.
3 You, LORD, brought me up from the realm of the dead;
   you spared me from going down to the pit.
 4 Sing the praises of the LORD, you his faithful people;
   praise his holy name.
5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
   but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may stay for the night,
   but rejoicing comes in the morning.
 6 When I felt secure, I said,
   “I will never be shaken.”
7 LORD, when you favored me,
   you made my royal mountain[c] stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
   I was dismayed.
 8 To you, LORD, I called;
   to the Lord I cried for mercy:
9 “What is gained if I am silenced,
   if I go down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
   Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, LORD, and be merciful to me;
   LORD, be my help.”
 11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
   you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
   LORD my God, I will praise you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment