Shop on Amazon.com here:

Thursday, February 10, 2011

A new day...

Well today is a new day. I got some much needed sleep last night and allthough I can tell Sophie doesn't feel well still, she is at school again today. What a trooper! I took her to school this morning because it was so cold outside and with her rash and the achiness in her joints, she said that she just wanted me to drive her. So, I did... She looked cute with her hair in two braids and was in relatively good spirits. Her teachers and I have been playing phone tag the last few days so I went in to the building with her and stopped by the nurse's office so that they could put a face with a name, and I could discuss in more detail what Sophie's symptoms might be.

The nurse said that she has seen this disease before, but that the hardest part will be finding out whether she has any additional bone lesions (CT, MRI and PET scan should reveal this in the next few days) and the chemo (which should start at the end of next week or the following week). I am hopeful that this will all go smoothly but anxiety still takes hold occassionally. But, every time I look at what's going on and all that we've been through the last few years, I try to focus on the blessings that we have in our life, which are MANY.

One of life's richest blessings to us right now is my workplace. The folks at my company put together a HUGE basket of goodies to help Sophie get through her chemotherapy treatments. I was absolutely overwhelmed by the gesture. She couldn't believe that they had done such a nice thing for her. I don't think I've cried this much in a very long time. Happy tears!!!

This is the GORGEOUS basket that my company put together to help Sophie



 
She opened the card and said, "Aw, they're so sweet!"


She dug right into the weaving kit

Aiden though the box was a good hiding place.
And, one of my co-workers, Nicole, provided dinner for us tonight. She made an organic roasted chicken and fresh veggies. Again, I am totally overwhelmed and amazed at the love that they have showered us with. I am eternally grateful for their support and friendship during this trial.

Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement and please keep us in your prayers tomorrow as we spend the day at Texas Children's Hospital having tests run on Sophie... again. Tomorrow is the MRI and CT and then Monday is the PET Scan, and hopefully by mid week next week we will have the surgery for the chemo port scheduled.

Psalms 91:1-16 -“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment