Shop on Amazon.com here:

Friday, February 11, 2011

Ups and Downs...

There are sure to be ups and downs through the treatment process. People have warned me about this. But, today was pretty much an UP day!

Well, Sophie had to be NPO after 8am so I decided I would be too. I wanted her to feel like I was on "Team Sophie" and that she wasn't alone. So I took the munchkins to Ihop this morning for a hearty breakfast. At 6:15am we were out the door to go enjoy some time as a family. The kids were so cute as they talked to each other over pancakes. All I could think about was the days events and how they would unfold. And, how thankful I was that, in this moment, things were good. Everyone was happy and peaceful for the moment.

In spite of everything, Sophie keeps smiling. She's such a trooper!

Eligible Bachelor, hung out with his Nanny today :)

So, later that morning, my mom came to watch my little man and Sophie and I left to go to TCH for her two tests. We got there and they were ready for us. I have never seen an imaging department run so smoothly. They took Sophie back for the CT and I was able to join her. She was given an IV and though she's really hard to stick normally, the nurse there got her on the first try!

Doesn't she look THRILLED?
After she got the CT done, we came back to the imaging area and got ready for the MRI. They were able to take her much earlier than we thought because we were there already and I'm guessing because it was a Friday, people wanted outa there! So, we moved over into a different area and waited for the anesthesiologist to come in. He briefly discussed some forms and I signed and all I could think of was, please GOD let there be no new lesions on her brain or chest. I was so terrified that these bone eating, flesh eating lesions were going to manifest into a completely overwhelming disorder that my baby girl would have to fight for years and years... The anesthesiologist came back into her room whistling and carrying a vial of some medicine for the IV. He injected a few things into her IV and she was OUT... just kinda closed her eyes and went to sleep. Kisses and hugs from myself and her dad and she was off to sleep for about an hour or so.
And, she slept...

About an hour later, they called us in from the waiting room and she was already wide awake. She was disoriented and STARVING but wide awake. She said she was doing OK and that she was light headed. We waited about 20 minutes after the MRI and then we packed things up and I wheeled my baby down the ramp to the building where we had parked. I was so thankful that my dad had let us borrow his truck so we could park closer. I had a feeling I would be loading her into the car by myself. I was just glad I had the wheelchair that they loaned to us so that I could wheel her there instead of having to walk her there. We stopped at the gift shop on the way to the car and got her a little stuffed animal, which she loved. She said it was just, "calling her name". I said, "Let's not make a habit of this", And, I'm sure people were looking at me like, "Jeez, give the kid a break, she's in a wheelchair!" She's so spoiled right now. And, though I try to keep her grounded, it's tough. She's going through hell right now and is scared to death. So I bought her a stuffed animal... At least it made her smile!

So, by the time we got loaded in and headed out, Sophie was STARVING, so we settled on Italian food and headed over to Bucca Di Beppo. Love that place! YUMM!!
She sat across the table from me and said that she knows that when I die, she won't be far behind because she wants to be with me forever. I was so overwhelmed I almost started to cry. She's such a sweetheart.

So we didn't stay on our "healthy" food diet today. But we sure enjoyed dinner. So, as I sit here, I know something that you do not know. Our prayers have been partly answered tonight, and her Dr just called and the CT and MRI came back and there are NO NEW LESIONS in her head or chest. The one in her head is still there, and we still have to do the PET scan on Monday, but this Is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

I don't know what this means, and won't know until we speak with the other Dr in the practice on Monday, but this is incredible. I have been so scared. I do realize that this disorder can be ruthless and that we should be prepared for ups and downs, and trust me we are, but tonight I am happy! I am so pleased with the results and Sophie knows she will probably still have to have Chemotherapy because they were acting like it was a certainty at our last appointment, but this means that she may be VERY treatable. I cannot tell you how happy I am!!!

God sees us through the UPS and DOWNS, I'm just glad today was an UP!

Goodnight Friends, J

No comments:

Post a Comment