Shop on Amazon.com here:

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Crazy Day!

Well, I had to be away from the office today... BOTH kids were sick. So here's the scoop on everyone...

Sophie has some sort of bug. It latched on Saturday and didn't really let go. She still managed to play and put on a smile when Adam and the kids were here, but she was very tired and congested. Last night she broke out into a horrible sweat and drenched her bedcovers with perspiration. I woke her up and gave her some Motrin because she felt hot, but she didn't have a temp, from what my thermometer read. She is really only one half the reason I stayed home. I needed to take her in and figure this out. I knew Dr. D would have an answer. She didn't know EXACTLY what it was, but said she suspected it was viral. So we wait... She said she'd either start to get better in 3-6 days or worse. ugh...

Aiden's been sick for weeks and though I thought he might be getting better, he took a turn for the worse over night last night. He can't breathe well at all and has so much congestion, I had no clue what to do for him. So, after myself or my mom sleeping with him for the last four nights in a row, nudging him because he would stop breathing in the middle of deep sleep, we knew it was time. Dr. D said it was a bad infection of the sinus and that he had some fluid in his lungs. When the doctor looks down at your kid and says, "poor little guy", you know it's not good. So, she prescribed an antibiotic and a breathing treatment for every six hours, she encouraged us to go see our ENT (the one who also diagnosed Sophie's Histiocytosis whom we love) TODAY. She urged us to call and say that she said that he needed to be seen. So, later this afternoon we got in to see the ENT.

Sophie was so cute, she insisted on going with us, because she wanted to thank her herself. I thought that was SO sweet. We got into see her, and the first think she said when she saw Sophie (who still felt kinda lousy) was, "You're a celebrity", obviously referencing the Katy Magazine article. You can read it here: http://www.katymagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Katy-Texas-My-Story-Helping-Sophie-Heal-Katy-TX.pdf. I thought that was SO sweet! Sophie just smiled and blushed. I don't think she knew how to handle it. Then we got down to business... li'l man was siiiick.

She looked in his ears with the otoscope and said that his tubes (installed on 2010) had dislodged and that one of his ears was pretty infected also. She said that we needed to let this upper respiratory/bronchial thing play out and then she would recommend a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy for li'l man. She wants to follow up in six weeks. Knowing how sick he gets when he gets sick (high fevers, seizures) and that his snoring has gotten significantly worse as he's grown, she really understands his case and we think she knows what is best. I believe we will schedule the surgery and she said he may have to have a new set of tubes in his ears at that time. I prayed to God that no one in our family would have to have surgery for the remainder of this year, but sadly not the case. While we were there she also observed that Aiden hasn't gained any weight since April. 31 pounds and holding.

It's frustrating because I have one kid who looks at a brownie and gains 10 pounds and another who can't gain weight though he eats... a LOT... Well I guess another day, another bunch of fun for us.

On another note I had a great weekend with the AMAZING Mr. P and his brood of gorgeous and precious children. Here are some fun pictures to enjoy!








Hopefully the kids are going to continue to see better days in spite of the stress we are having to go through now. I am so completely grateful that I have my family to stress about. I also am really blessed to have such an AMAZING fiance to lean on. And, he knows he can lean on me to. I know the next 9 months are going to fly by. I can't wait to marry him! I just pray that my kiddos are heeealthy!

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You Tonight, Dear Friends,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment