Shop on Amazon.com here:

Sunday, March 6, 2011

You're never going to believe this...

In addition to what we've been going through with my daughter, we had a strange episode with Aiden this afternoon. The last few days, he's been falling more than usual, which I just attributed to fatigue and his Cerebral Palsy, but this evening, he had an episode where he couldn't walk. He was very dizzy and disoriented and was rolling around on the floor and couldn't get his balance for almost two hours. His laugh was hysterical (not like anything I have ever heard him do before) and it was uncontrollable. His pupils were constricted and he was not able to get his balance or move normally. This went on for over two hours. He eventually came around, but this episode was a huge source of concern while we went to the concert. The concert only lasted a couple of hours, and my mother was watching him carefully along with my dad, and my brother, and they assured me that they would call if he had any additional problems. I am second guessing myself big time, that I didn't take him to the ER, but we are supposed to avoid the ER like the plague since Aiden has an immune disorder. I thought about him the entire time, and though Sophie enjoyed it, I was completely and utterly torn on where I should be while I was there.

So, tonight, as this continued to eat away at my conscience, I contacted the pediatrician on call and they said that I should call the neurologist. The neurologist said that it sounded like a weird seizure (and since he's epileptic, I'm not real surprised). He told us that it would be great if we could video tape it. He said to increase his meds, but to call tomorrow for an ASAP EEG to make sure we're not missing some seizures and this is a post-seizure state or something. He also said to call the pediatrician or go to the ER if he has any weird symptoms overnight or if he's not okay in the morning when he wakes up. As of right now, he ate a normal dinner and is peacefully sleeping. Meanwhile, I'm scared...

I want answers NOW. And, we live in an era of immediate gratification and instant results. Meanwhile, this isn't something that you can really "Google". Believe me, we've tried. I am praying tonight for healing and strength for my entire family as we walk this treacherous road of chronic illness for both of my little angels. Life is sweet, but no one ever guaranteed it would be easy.

Dear God,
Bring your supernatural healing over Aiden and Sophie right now. Hear my sincere and earnest prayer and bring a host of angels to heal them both. Give me the strength to face tomorrow, and the peace to sleep through the night once I am able to lay down. In Jesus precious and Holy name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment