Shop on Amazon.com here:

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Big news!

I got an email today from one of the media outlets that I sent the article about Sophie's Histiocytosis to last week. They want to use my article and feature it on a three page spread about Sophie's condition. It seems as though they want to help raise awareness. The main feeling I am having about this is that I am so happy that I will get to share her story with more people and potentially raise awareness about these diseases. Additionally, I am humbled and excited by the thought of being published in a real magazine. My prayer is that they will be able to get enough people excited about Histiocytosis that there could be a real movement to help.

On another note, we had fun today at "taco night". I thought that my niece and nephew and daughter were going to put together a restaurant style atmosphere at my mom and dad's house, but instead, we went out. I think my mom was tired. I showed up to see them with a little gift for mom and dad and I think that went a long way to helping her feelings. Every once in a while, a girl's gotta say "thank you".

I checked the messages at home and they called to move Sophie's appointment on Monday back one hour. We've been waiting a month, what's one more hour! I am hopeful that we will get some answers and direction on Monday at her appointment. She had a fever and headache again today. She didn't feel like doing much, and it's just really getting old.

The other big news is that my BF and I have been together for 5 months today. I love him SO much. I am the most blessed girl alive because he is in my life. He has changed my life in immeasurable ways. Thank you Adam!!!

Goodnight friends,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment