Shop on Amazon.com here:

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Roller Coaster...

After Sophie landing in my bed at 3am and having a temp of 99.5 and giving her Tylenol because she was complaining of a bad headache and just feeling bad, I let her sleep with me. She has been up in the middle of night so many days lately, what’s one more? The school nurse called at 9:05 am and said that Sophie was complaining of a bad headache and though she didn’t have a high fever, she was crying because her head hurt so bad. I felt so bad for her. I called my mom and they arranged to bring her home. This is the first time in a while that the headache has gotten so bad that she didn’t want to stay at school.

Aiden woke up with 101.6 temperature and was still very congested and not feeling well. I gave him some Motrin and though “Motrin Baby” acts like a very different baby, he is still sick too. My mom is home with him today as today was a very important day at work for me. I love my job and have missed so much time, I can’t be out (especially on days like today). I am giong to be out on Monday with Sophie at the Cancer Center, so being here today is a must. My heart aches, but I am doing my best to keep my mind off of things and finish the tasks at hand. Aiden has an appointment with the pediatrician at 11:20, so we’ll see how that goes… I’m sure it’s just a bad ear infection or sinus infection. Aiden’s condition worries me, with what happened on Sunday evening, but hopefully we will have some answers to what’s going on with his brain functionality when we get the EEG done on Wednesday the 16th at the Neurologist’s office. They usually don’t have results right away, but hopefully we will know something sooner than later. This week he’s been so happy and active, in spite of not feeling well. He is a boy after all.

Meanwhile we are in a holding pattern until Monday night. I am praying that everyone feels well over the weekend and nothing major happens and we don’t end up in the Emergency Room. I am thankful that the TCH ER in Katy is now open, so if we need to go there we can. I am praying that so earnestly, I know God can hear me. My heart is open to His grace and healing. I just know he’s there for us. My friend at work and I were talking this morning and I explained to her that I think of life as a roller coaster. You are in a seat so stay in your seat and ride the ride, and you better not stand up, because you might fall out and get hurt. I think of the harness that goes down over the shoulders as the gift of God’s grace holding us in and keeping us safe. Still, there are going to be scary parts along the way and you might even get a bug in your eye, but you will be held in the car as long as you don’t stand up. And, even if you don’t hold on His grace is still holding YOU in.



God, Keep holding us in the roller coaster that lies ahead. All of us, Lord. Protect us, heal us, and deepen our faith in You along the way. I have never leaned on You more than I do now. I am thankful that you are here for me and that you listen to me even if the answers to my prayers aren’t evident and that sometimes you’re telling me to "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). I will not doubt Your eminence and omnipresence. I will be still and listen for Your will to be done.

Have a good day friends!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment