Shop on Amazon.com here:

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The verdict from today.... and my some of my favorite pics

Hey y'all! I made it through the Colonoscopy and EGD. The prep, though terrible, is not the end of the world. And, I actually encourage this sort of test if you need it. Guys, listen up, because Colon Cancer is one of the deadliest cancers out there, and early detection is key! The good news is that the doctor came out and talked to me after the test and told me he thinks I'm fine, and he doesn't think it's cancer - yay!!! There were a few areas of concern that we talked about and a few polyps that he biopsied. He doesn't think they are the cancerous kind and thinks I'm really probably going to do well after the cleaning out I had today. I know it's gross to talk about and may be way TMI for people, but if I can do this, so can YOU!

The only thing about today that I didn't anticipate was the nausea and the fatigue that I would experience after having general anesthesia. It was a long day, but I lived through it. Though I'm frustrated that I don't have an action plan attached to the report, I do know that there were some things going on that could be causing me issues, and that the doctor said sometimes when we go clean things out, people really do a lot better. I pray he's right.

We've got a very long road ahead with Aiden's and Sophie's issues. But, I am looking at the future hopefully because I know great things are looming ahead on the horizon along with the challenges that it holds. I know that everyone gets sick every now and then, and with their issues, we will just have to keep better records and keep up with things more, but we WILL make it through this.

After a VERY long day, and sleepless night, I am heading to bed. I just wanted to make sure I touched base and let y'all know that I'm okay. I didn't like the prep one bit, but the test itsself was no biggie, and can be critical in helping people find out what's going on if they have GI problems. So, fear not dear friends!

Just for fun, here are a few of my favorite shots from the last couple of months...












Dear God, Help us find out what is going on with the GI problems I have been having and take the pain away so I can be a happy healthy working mommy and support my two great kids and live the life you have gifted me with. I know you will watch over us and walk beside us on this journey and we are grateful for each day we are able to see! We love you, Lord! Amen.

Goodnight friends,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment