Shop on Amazon.com here:

Friday, March 18, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

Yesterday I had an awesome surprise! My mom and Sophie drove into town and took me to Carrabba's for lunch. It wasn't my birthday, or hers, just an excuse to get together and do something since Spring Break is almost at an end. Sophie was so excited (it was a surprise to her too) when they pulled up to my office. Just as they pulled up, I walked out the door. Though Sophie wasn't necessarily on the best behavior the whole time, it was good to have some together time without little man there.


After lunch, my mom took Sophie to the book store, and today she and my dad are taking both kids out for the day to the Houston Zoo. God help them... At least they will all be together. I wish I could be there, too, but this is our busy time of the month, so I can't take off. I sent them with hats and sunscreen and snacks, a change of clothes, Aiden's seizure meds and I'm praying that everything goes well as they venture across Houston to have some fun. I know they will be loved and sufficiently spoiled, as my parents have been known to spoil the grandkids a little bit....

I remember last year this time. I thought my life was so complicated. I was going through the process of Aiden's father signing over his rights and dealing with the initial onset of Aiden's seizures as well as his repeated viral illnesses that he sustained prior to having his tubes removed and pulling him out of a daycare environment. I thought it was tough then. I had no idea. But, now I am not leaning on my own knowledge or the knowledge of the medical community. Rather, I am trusting in the Lord to see us through. I just know that after everything we have gone through, He will be right there next to me through this other stuff too. I just know He will.

I am am looking forward to some much needed rest and downtime this weekend. I am hopeful that no one will end up sick. Sophie is supposed to go to her dad's for their visitation this weekend for the first time in a while. I am praying that he will remember to give her the medications that she has been prescribed and will stay the course with her care and will call me if there is cause for concern. I think this is the hardest part, not just having a kid that is battling LCH, but having to send her off a few times per month. I expect that Aiden and I are going to spend some time with the family or play at the park or both. He's been feeling pretty good lately. I am hopeful that he will continue to feel good and we'll have a great weekend and will be able to enjoy what is supposed to be sunshine and mild weather.

Dear God, May Jesus wrap his arms around her while she's gone and keep us safe and healthy this weekend. May you continue to help those who can't help themselves in Japan and the surrounding region as they brace themselves and deal with the aftermath of the earthquakes and tsunami there. Amen

Have a great weekend friends!
J

1 comment: