Shop on Amazon.com here:

Friday, May 6, 2011

Help for Histio

Well today was one of those days. I felt terrible, but pushed through the pain. I was so grateful for my mom, who had dinner fixed for the kids when I got home around 6 o'clock, and let me eat and even helped us get started with baths and stuff. What an awesome mom I have!!! I am so blessed! I felt terrible today. The soreness they warned me about because of the amount of stuff they took out during the exam yesterday was more than evident today. I am prayerful and hopeful that I will be back to normal tomorrow. I am settling in from the day with a nice glass of wine after folding a couple of loads of laundry.

After getting an email from a Histio dad today, I got to thinking... What is stopping us from really getting help for Sophie's disease? Nothing! I want to share with you some additional information I found about Histiocytosis and the research that the doctors at Texas Children's are doing. Won't you support this? If I can save one baby's life. Just one. It will be worthwhile. I am pledging my support, whatever I can do to help the cause. I don't know what that looks like yet, but stay tuned, I will certainly be helping however I can. Kids with LCH and HLH and the related Histio disorders usually have a pretty high mortality rate if diagnosed before the age of two. There are a handfull of doctors in our country that are trying to change that. And, they already are. By working late into the night, staring at slides under a microscope day after day and performing research on how these cells act, they are changing things. One slide at a time.

This is why the "small stuff" doesn't bother me any more. I don't get my feathers ruffled too much, because I know that lives are at stake every day in our world, and by doing what I can to raise awareness, I just might be able to save one. I never thought that "one" might be one of my children, but it very well could be after receiving this live altering diagnosis. Please feel free to COMMENT if you or anyone you know has been affected with a rare disease like Histiocytosis. Please don't be shy... and know that your story matters to me too!

http://www.histio.org/atf/cf/%7B28840284-40A5-43E3-B0FF-82F1D54C440D%7D/atypical%20cellular%20disorders%20(mcclain).pdf

This article was written last night... I forgot to press "submit". Hope y'all had a great day!

Goodnight friends,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment