Shop on Amazon.com here:

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Three Simple Reasons...

Well we spent all night in the ER with Aiden with Seizures, Panting and Roller Coaster Fever (100 – 103 degrees). He’s got a viral illness of some sort (they don’t suspect Meningitis, thank God). He’s home resting now, but just wanted to ask for your prayers that he gets better, and quickly. Every time he runs a high fever, or has a viral illness, his threshold for seizures is decreased and therefore the seizures commence. He had three seizures, and thankfully they all decreased in severity due to the meds on board, but it’s just a lot… Epilepsy sucks!



Sophie goes back to TXCCC on Monday for evaluation by the Oncologist for her monthly check-up. Thankfully, she is doing well right now.

Please don't misunderstand my blog/facebook posts about my family. It's by no means intended to be some sort of pity party on my part. I get up and plug away at work every day I can possibly go and work hard because I enjoy the company I have the priveledge to work for. I blog for three reasons (1) to update family and friends without re-living the sometimes painful experiences of mothering two kids with ongoing medical issues, (2) to let people know what we're going through so that maybe they can share our experiences and testimony of God's enduring love, and (3) as a personal outlet to get things off my chest. If you don't like what you read, or don't want to know, please, with all due respect, don't read. I am not looking for sympathy, but rather to help you grow in your walk, closer to us as friends or inspire you to do something great for someone else. I hear Histiocytosis Research needs some "great" helpers (http://www.txccc.org/content.cfm?content_id=928). Just sayin'....

Also, unfortunately, I know that some of you are hopeful that my children will be fully healed. Though I think this is a very real possibility, the doctors have told us that Histiocytosis (Sophie) and Epilepsy (Aiden), in the forms that they suffer from, are very unlikely to just go away. Sophie may go into remission, but we will always be wondering if it will come back, and she will have to live with Histiocytosis for the rest of her life. It's the reality of it. Additionally, Aiden's epilepsy will likely be a life long struggle for him. It's unfortunate, but I've come to grips with this reality. This is our "new normal". I'm not saying I like it, but I also know it's best to be somewhat of a realist so you're prepared for the worst, yet expecting the best. I am VERY hopeful, but also realistic.

We are so humbled by grateful for those of you who love on us, pray for us and think about us. It's your prayers and kind thoughts that keep us going.

Also know, that though the weight of what we're going through is heavy, I don't discount that everyone is going through something, and by no means think our issues are more important than any one else's. God will see us all through our struggles, even if the outcome isn't always what we'd hoped for. Every day I wake up, get dressed and look in the mirror and know that the heart of the person staring back at me isn't the same as the person I was a few years back, and for that I am truly thankful to God. I know He has prepared me and strengthened me to adequately parent these little angels and be right where I am today, even if that means another trip to the ER or TXCCC.

Dear God,

Help me to hear your word, and to continue to see you working in my life every day. Because I know:

“For with God nothing will be impossible.” (Luke 1:37)

But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.” (Luke 18:27)

“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.” (Ephesians 3:20)

Amen,


Have a good day, friends,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment