Shop on Amazon.com here:

Monday, May 23, 2011

What Happens In Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas!!!

Terry Fator: Live from Las Vegas  <-- We saw this comedian/ventriloquist while we were there. He was AWESOME! He gives a lot of $$$ back to St. Jude's and our Troops! Buy a CD! It's for a great cause!!!


I am so happy! The weekend in Vegas far exceeded my expectations!!!
Getting to Vegas was no easy task. I was buzzing around like a busy bee at work on Friday, trying hard to keep my focus before such an amazing trip. My boyfriend had told me he needed me to go and get something from the jewelry store on Friday when he left last weekend, so I kind of knew it was coming. I just didn't know when exactly. My friend Tonya and I went out for a celebratory lunch on Friday and toasted with our sodas to the fun that was about to commence after picking up the ring. I had to try it on to see if it would fit at the jeweler but I didn't keep it on long before putting it back in the box… lol... That afternoon I buzzed around the office some more, until 5 o'clock finally arrived, and I could cruise on over to the airport.
The suspense had been building for our trip for weeks, so I was extremely excited. And, with the events of the last few months, I really NEEDED a break. Seriously! I went straight from work to the airport, and upon arrival, my flight was delayed 20 minutes, then 30, then an hour. Then, we got on the plane to board and took off for Phoenix. It was an extremely rocky flight. A lot of turbulence on this flight! And I kept thinking, "Okay, God, we've come through so much, you can get a plane full of people to Vegas!" and besides, I had so much to look forward to, I was like, "C'mon l'il plane, you can DO this!!!"
We finally got to Phoenix at around 9:30 Phoenix time (11:30am central). Then we found out that the flight that would be taking us on the connection to Vegas would be delayed an additional few hours, but no one had any idea it would be FOUR MORE HOURS. So, it was about 12:45am Phoenix time before they arrived. Adam and I had been texting along the way, and when they got on the runway, he texted me and said, "We've landed" and I was able to wake up, shake myself off, and be somewhat presentable after lying around the airport for four hours. I most certainly looked exhausted and my cute outfit that I had meticulously planned that morning was wrinkled, my hair a mess, my shoes were killing me (remind me NEVER to wear heels on a flight half way across the country) and I had the ring in my purse!
I couldn't wait to see Adam, the love of my life, sitting on the plane waiting for me. My expectations diminished a bit when I couldn't even see him when I got on the flight. I looked and looked and I couldn't see him. My heart absolutely SUNK…. Then, 20 rows back, his brown hair and blue eyes popped up to reveal his amazing smile, as wide as his face and he welcomed me to the row with a great big hug! Then, we talked for a bit and I silently reached into my purse and grabbed the ring and handed it to him. He took it out, looked at it, smiled, and we talked a bit more and he put it back in my purse because the flight was getting ready to take off. And, we had the row to ourselves. It was awesome to be able to sit and snuggle and look at the lights of Vegas as we landed.  So, we were pushing back from the gate at about 1:15pm. Reminded, this is 3:15am central time! So, we were in our room at the Mirage by 3:30am (5:30am central time). It was frustrating, but we were so thankful to just be together at this point!


As I reached down to unpack my suitcase, Adam walked up behind me and said my name, and I turned around like, "huh?" There he was, on bended knee and he looked up at me and said, "Will you Marry Me? I want you to wear the ring this weekend and for the rest of our lives", I got down on my knees and hugged him tight and said "Yes, of course I will!" and we were both shaking at this point. Then, he reached down and took the ring out of the box and put it on my finger. I was so surprised, even though I had been expecting it sometime this weekend. I am totally overwhelmed with gratefulness to God for bringing Adam to my life. He has changed everything. After the heartache of the past, God has brought someone to my life that has changed everything for the better, and has caused my heart to expand in ways I never thought it would. I love you Adam!
All dressed up to go see Terry Fator at the Mirage!
Ready for a night out in my new Stella & Dot necklace!
We had an incredible weekend of great food, fun times and LOTS of walking. Even though it was cut short by the delays on Friday/Saturday, it was still so much fun and we had some terrific memories. We went to Madame Tussuad's Wax Museum, which was one of our favorite photo ops!








I can't wait to start my life with him. Having a long engagement will be good for everyone involved, but I realize that it will be challenging. I know we'll make it. Us and our little Brady Bunch Family...  I am 100% sure it won't be perfect, but it will be fun, it'll be exciting, and it'll be full of love and awesome memories.  

God is SO good!

Goodnight friends!!!
J




1 comment:

  1. Sharon Danners,,, ^^Aamari's^^ NannyMay 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM

    Looks like you all had one fantastic time!! I'm so happy for you and all your happiness.. God continue to bless you and your sweet family!! ;)

    ReplyDelete