Shop on Amazon.com here:

Thursday, September 29, 2011

BREAKING NEWS...

Well we got some really great news yesterday. Sophie’s art has been chosen by her art teacher to be part of the display in the district’s current Administration office display. The artwork was chosen from artwork by students from students in Kindergarten – twelfth grade from selections throughout the forty-five campuses in our district. I am so proud. I don’t even know which piece of hers was chosen, and I can’t wait to see the display! I will most certainly post pictures as soon as they are available.

 

Ahhh… Back to school. Nothing like being back to school… The movie “You’ve got Mail” affectionately discusses back to school’s essence as “Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” The affection is somehow lost on us… For us, back to school really means that the cesspool of germs and viruses is running rampant through the halls. Sneezy, Viral, Snotty Mucus-riddled children wiping their noses and then slobbering down a water fountain just really makes me wish I could wrap both my kids in bubble wrap before send them off… But then again, the ridicule that would be directed their way would be unparalleled and I would rather save them both the horror of that humiliation. Unfortunately, in our case, that’s how we look at things. It’s not the most ideal thing in the world as far as my children are concerned. With Sophie suffering with Histiocytosis and now Mononucleosis, and Aiden having Epilepsy and Hypergammaglobulenemia, it makes for an interesting season to say the least. Both kids have missed a lot of school thus far. The first two weeks of school it was a bad stomach bug. Included vomiting and diarrhea and temperatures and we all passed it around. Aiden and Sophie both had to go to the ER with that one, but for different reasons. Aiden because he was absolutely dehydrated. He had to receive IV fluids because he couldn’t eat or drink ANYTHING without throwing up which also meant he couldn’t get his seizure medicine, so we HAD to get him well enough to take his meds. I am hopeful that as their immune systems get stronger, they will both see a break in all the viral illnesses. Sophie’s was different. She presented last Saturday with chest tightness and dizziness. So, I automatically assumed she was having a Histio relapse, but she wasn’t thank God. She tossed her cookies as we were sitting in the ER waiting after triage had seen her and moved her to the front of the line. It’s not good to have a kid with an illness that gets moved to the front of the line… but both of mine do. When you walk into the ER and tell them your kid has tightness in her chest and dizziness and she’s got Histiocytosis and is treated at Texas Children’s Cancer Center, you’d be surprised how quickly they push you to the head of the line. Unfortunately, I have spent WAY too much money this year on copays, prescriptions and coinsurance amounts. We are totally just spent…

 

I am hopeful that this year will turn around and that next year will be better as far as medical expenses go. It could be so much worse, and I am thankful for all we DO have. I am blessed beyond measure…

 

Have a great day friends,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment