Shop on Amazon.com here:

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Aiden Update, the end of an era & fundraising for Histio!

Well li'l man got very sick overnight. My prayer request is that it is just a virus and isn't something more serious. I'm exhausted, I've been up since 3am. I am going to try hard to make it through the day today, but I'm dragging along. The only thing that keeps me going is my fiance, sending me kind words of encouragement through the day. The hope is that this day will be over soon and that I can go home and get some rest. I'm VERY sleepy. I'm not trying to whine, it just is what it is...

Today is the end of an era at my company. We have sold our entire crude oil business (our largest business segment) to another company and today is the last working day for the 10 employees of the new company that remain here. Their stuff is all being boxed up today and is moving out officially tomorrow. I am going to miss all of them for different reasons. It's been great spending the last two years getting to know these people, and in many cases their families as well. It's been a long time coming... the announcement, that came on the heels of the firm being announced Houston's most profitable private compnay, was made a few months back. I just know the employees are ready to move on and that things may be different at the new company, but they do have jobs. That's the silver lining in all of this...

I am also collecting donations for the Hisito Cure foundation today! So far, we're up to almost $200 that will go directly to Hisitocytosis research. I couldn't be more excited! Yay! I will be mailing them directly to the foundation after the event on Saturday. Please contact me now if you want to send a check our way, and get in on the action!

Here's the email I sent...
Sophie and I are going to Galveston this weekend to raise money for the Foundation with a group of patients that are seen by Sophie’s oncologist and his team (Dr. M & Dr. A) at TCHCC. We are asking for everyone we see that day to just give $1 for Histiocytosis Research. Every dollar they earn goes directly to research. They have recently received a small grant from the National Institute of Health that should cover administrative costs, but their research is still very expensive. Right now there is no known cause, and no cure... People diagnosed with Histiocytosis live with it their entire lives, and many die very young.

I just wanted you to know what we’re up to because this is our philanthropic effort, and I think it really could do a lot of good for a lot of kids with Histiocytosis. If you would like to donate, please let me know.

EMAIL ME AT: jodimmorgan@yahoo.com to get involved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment