Shop on Amazon.com here:

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How we met

Adam and I met on October 10, 2010.


We were introduced by a friend named Match.com. Neither of us had known match very long, so being introduced to each other was a little bit awkward at first. And, I think we both thought we were each a little too good to be true.


I told him everything, and he told me everything. We vowed 100% honesty from the very beginning.


With my just having gone through a very rough two years with my son being born extremely prematurely at 30.5 weeks and having been very ill and Adam just having gone through a completely earth-shattering divorce, I don't know that either of us were prepared for what Match said when we both logged on that morning. I pulled up my matches and it said that "Fozzy Bear" was a 100% Match. So, I went out on a limb and sent him an email, "100% match? How do they know that?" and his response was clever so we began to correspond.


I told him my whole story. About how I had been divorced from my daughter's dad for five years until I met Aiden's dad and became engaged in '08, but he left three days before the wedding. I told him how Aiden had fought for his life in the NICU for 32 days before being sent home on oxygen only to have repeated illnesses and being diagnosed with two life-long disorders. Adam didn't bat an eye, but rather wanted to know MORE. He said that he thought I might be trying to get rid of him. Obviously, I wanted to weed out people who thought the facts of my life might be too much for them, but Adam wasn't deterred. He really wanted to get to know me better.


Adam told me about how he and his wife had divorced after 15 years of marriage and how their four beautiful children were still adjusting to life with two different households. I wasn't deterred either. There was just something about his smile that captured my interest. Emails quickly moved on to phone conversations and phone conversations moved onto a face-to-face meeting. Our first date was at Perry's Steakhouse in Katy. It was so romantic, I don't think I will ever forget that night.


Several months into our relationship, we introduced all the kids to one another. By that time we were both certain that an marriage was imminent and we wanted to give the children an opportunity to know each other better. 


Another wrench in the story is that in January 2011, Sophie was diagnosed with Histiocytosis (a rare white blood disorder) that's treated at the cancer center. She has six more months of initial treatment (monthly - and then we go to every three months). Adam's love and support through her illness and with Aiden's ongoing issues have meant the world to me. I have never known love like this... We have spent the last 8 months getting to know each other when he proposed on a trip to Vegas. We are going to have at least a year engagement so that Sophie can finish her treatment, and all six of our children can adjust to the idea of blending our families.






I love him so much, and I know he loves me too. Our future is so bright and our wedding will be beautiful.


Please stay tuned for more!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment